Aquaponics is a specific form of hydroponics. Hydroponic grow systems can be very tricky if you are new. Even some advanced gardeners will have problems now and then. Trying to replicate an outdoor environment for your plants to thrive in hydroponic grow systems is not difficult if you do it right from the very beginning.
The following list for your hydroponic grow systems will help you get started in the right direction. Once you have all of this taken care of, you will be ready to be successful (also see this extensive hydroponics guide).
- Pick a system and get all the necessary materials. There are several different methods available, you need to educate yourself and figure out which method will work best for you. The four most common methods are : Drip Systems, Ebb and Flow, the Wick Method and Deep Water Culture Systems.
- Have all the necessary equipment ready. Once you have chosen you hydroponic grow systems be sure to have everything you need at home.
- Pick a place and leave your hydroponic grow systems there. Plants will adapt, but it is important to have a routine and not move established plants unless necessary.
- Feeding schedule and night timer. Have a written plan so that you know when nutrient solution is needed and you can track to make adjustments. Plants also need night time rest. It is best to keep this on a schedule.
- Have adequate and appropriate lighting. This is just as important to your hydroponic grow systems as night time rest. These tips will get you started in successful hydroponic grow systems.
It may seem like an awful lot of work at first, but once you get set up and get a routine you will become a pro. The benefits definitely are payoff enough. You will have healthy food year round and save money in the process.